4. Jackknife Snow Angels:
How to do them:
- Lie on your back with legs extended out in front of you and arms stretched overhead.
- Engage your core to simultaneously raise your upper body and legs until your body forms a high “V.”
- At the same time, bring your arms forward and extend them at chest level (which should create helpful momentum).
- Next, bring your arms back up overhead as you release your legs with control until they’re hovering just a few inches off the floor.
- Open your legs into a low “V” as you open your arms out to the sides and reach toward your feet.
- Then bring your legs back together, and arms out to the sides and back to starting position. That’s one rep.
5. Bicycle Exercises:
How to do:
- Lie on your back and legs towards floor.
- Extend right leg upwards by bending your knee and left leg towards the ground.
- Do this alternatively, this way you feel padding a bicycle.
- Repeat (2-4) sets with full effort.
6. Inching Elbow Plank:
How to do it:
- Begin in an elbow plank position, hands clasped, with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot towards your hands as you begin to lift your hips up slightly, quickly taking another step in with your right foot, lifting hips a little more.
- Step the left foot in again, lifting your hips higher and then again with the right, so that your hips end lifted high in a pike position.
- Slowly inch back out, reversing the way you walked in, until you return to the starting plank pose.
- That’s one rep. Do up to 3 sets of 5 reps.