Carrying extra weight in your belly and back increases your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. While it can be tough to target these specific areas, it is possible to lose fat in these areas with a combination of cardiovascular exercise, strength training and a healthy diet.
The back is one of the hardest places to tone and decrease body fat when you’re trying to lose weight. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to “spot treat” any part of your body. Your diet and exercise regimen has to support both toning your upper body and decreasing overall body fat. You can’t just lose weight in one small, particular area of your body. It’s more effective to have a combination of diet and exercise to help tone up your entire back and decrease your overall body fat. Making small modifications to your diet and performing the right type of cardio and strength training can help you get rid of back fat.
Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat & Back Fat:
1. Bicycle Exercises:
How to do:
- Lie on your back and legs towards floor. Extend right leg upwards by bending your knee and left leg towards the ground.
- Do this alternatively, this way you feel padding a bicycle.
- Repeat (2-4) sets with full effort.
2. TYI Exercise:
The TYI is one of the fun and easy lower back fat workouts that can be done by almost anyone. The exercise is named TYI because the hand movements mimic the shape of these three alphabets, and it helps to tone all the back muscles at a time – both upper back and lower back.
How to do it:
- Lie down on your stomach holding 3-pounds dumbbells in each hand.
- Lift your chest from the floor by engaging your back and then move your arms up and out to from a T position, next move into a Y position and then change to the I position with arms straight above your head and touching.
- This move targets the rear delts specifically, which is an important back muscle.