Benefits of Ingredients:
It Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Also a wonderful moisturizer and skin-lightening agent.
2. Lemon juice:
It is an Powerful astringent that fights off acne-causing bacteria. Lightens skin and reduces discoloration.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and lemon juice until the mixture becomes frothy.
- The lemon juice masks the odour of the egg white. Add ½ teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores.
- Using clean hands or a cotton ball, apply the mixture onto your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your mouth and eyes.
- Relax yourself as you wait for the mixture to settle and dry on your face.
- You can lie down and breathe deeply, thinking happy thoughts!
- Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes. When the mixture has completely dried on your face, gently scrub it off using warm water, tackling all areas of your face in a circular motion.
- Pat dry with a towel and marvel at the smooth feel of your skin!
- When applying the mixture, work upwards from your chin to your cheeks and then to your forehead using a gentle circular motion.
- Avoid the sensitive areas around the eyes and mouth. The skin in those areas is drier and, if stretched by this tightening mask, can become wrinkled.
- This wonderful mask is very effective in getting rid of excess face oils. If you have dry skin, please refrain from using this drying and tightening face mask. Instead, try out an egg yolk face mask recipe.
2. Skin-Lightening Egg White Face Mask:
Pamper yourself with this skin-lightening egg white face mask. This recipe uses turmeric, a root herb that has amazing skin-lightening properties that help even out the discolorations and dark spots caused by acne!
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Before we move on to how to make the mask, let’s check out the importance of each of the other added ingredients:
Benefits of Ingredients:
It Reduces dark spots caused by acne and evens out discolorations.
2. Orange Juice:
It Tones the skin.
- Place the egg white and orange juice in a small mixing bowl and whisk until it becomes frothy.
- Add in turmeric powder and mix thoroughly. Make sure the mixture is not too drippy.
- Using clean hands, apply the mixture to your face and massage in a circular motion, allowing it to sink deep into your skin. Keep it on for 15 minutes while you lie down to prevent gravity from pulling the mask downward.
- When the time is up, gently scrub off the dried mask from your face and apply moisturizer. A perfect natural moisturizer is 3-4 drops of olive oil.
- Wear an old t-shirt over your clothes to prevent yellow stains from turmeric, which can be quite hard to wash off.
- This egg white mask can be quite drying, so it’s best to apply olive oil to your skin after washing it off.
- Refrain from talking or smiling with the mask on because stretching the tight skin may cause wrinkles to appear.