What is Visceral Fat?
Visceral fat is body fat that is stored within the abdominal cavity and is therefore stored around a number of important internal organs such as the liver, pancreas and intestines.
When people talk about wanting to burn belly fat, they are actually referring to two different types of fatty tissue: visceral fat (sometimes called active fat) and subcutaneous fat.
Subcutaneous fat is stored directly below your skin and is the type of fat where you can “pinch an inch” from your belly, arms, thighs or just about anywhere else on your body.
Visceral fat, on the other hand, is much harder to identify, as it’s stored around your internal organs in your abdominal region, including your liver, pancreas and intestines.
Exercises To Lose Visceral Fat:
Arguably the best way to lose Visceral Fat is exercising. If you are really serious about losing fat, you may need to put in an hour of exercise in your everyday routine to target and reduce Visceral Fat. There are some great fat burning ab-exercises and in our article we’ll show you some 8 simple exercises you can do at home and reduce Visceral Fat naturally.
1. Vertical Leg Crunches:
How to do:
- Lie on your back with ankles crossed and extend your legs upwards try to touch your toes with hands shown below in the picture.
- Do the same as you done crunches. Repeat 10-15 times(3-4 sets).
2. Bicycle Exercises:
How to do:
- Lie on your back and legs towards floor.
- Extend right leg upwards by bending your knee and left leg towards the ground.
- Do this alternatively, this way you feel padding a bicycle. Repeat (2-4) sets with full effort.