What are Ankles? It’s a term coined for excess fat that forms around the ankles. The word joins two words: calves and ankles. Excess fat around the ankles has a variety of causes, such as genetics or being overweight. While there is little you can do short of surgery if genetics is the cause, reducing ankle fat is possible if weight gain is the culprit. Lifestyle changes and exercise can help to shape your legs.
Effective Ankle Exercises for Women:
1. Wide Squat With Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Bring your hands together in front of your chest, and squat down so your thighs are parallel with the floor, knees over the ankles.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
2. Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, bracing a park bench or tree for balance if required.
- Keeping core taut, raise body until standing on the tips of your toes.
- Squeeze calves at the top of movement to optimize.