The banana roll is one of the most commonly misunderstood and atomic areas and aesthetic surgery.Well it may be perceived as a fat condition the true reason to fold exists is because of skin attachments. The skin and certain parts of her body tends to fold up while we hold certain positions.For example many women Will have their back skin create a folder with their arm and I down position.This is not because there is a roll of fat there but rather a skin attachment on the mid back.As the arm drops the skin drops as well but only to the point of skin attachment and the fold is created.The same is true of the banana roll. The opposite is true with this area however.When we stand up straight the skin on the upper back of the thigh and lower buttocks is pushed together.
This causes the skin to bulge creating the banana roll. To demonstrate this I often have patients lean forward just even slightly to show them that the Banana roll goes away. The most accurate way to assess the thickness of subcutaneous fat is to gently put the skin at slight tension and push straight in until we touch or muscle layer. Lean forward just slightly and then push against the skin on the banana roll and you will realize the layer of fat is much thinner than you think.Look in the mirror as you stand up straight and noticed how the fold is again created. There is no non-surgical treatment for this.Unfortunately too many patients undergo liposuction for the treatment of the banana roll with disfiguring results.Since the inherent diagnoses or problem causing this roll is skin and not fat any fat removal procedure will generally fail. But fortunately we have some best exercises to get rid of Banana Rolls Fat.
Exercises to Reduce Banana Rolls Fat:
1. Single-Leg Dead-lift:
How to Do:
- Start standing with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand at waist level, palms facing you.
- Keeping back flat and engaging your ab muscles, bend from the hips and slowly lower weights toward the floor, keeping them close to your body, while simultaneously lifting left leg behind you.
- Stop when your chest is parallel to the floor. Hold for one second, then return to standing.
- That’s 1 rep. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps, then switch legs.
2. Chair Pose:
Sitting isn’t good for strengthening butt muscles, unless you have nothing to sit on. Try this yoga exercise, similar to the above squat, for strength:
How to Do:
- Press your back into a wall.
- Move your feet about hip-width apart.
- Cross your arms, lifting them away from your body.
- Slowly slide your back down the wall until your knees are at a 90-degree angle. Do not let your knees go past your toes and keep your knees in line with your toes.
- Hold for 30 seconds.