Every person, especially the women, desires for perfectly toned calves. However, everyone is not blessed with toned and beautiful calf muscles. Be it due to genetic reason or as a consequence of malnutrition, disproportionate and large calf muscles that are not properly toned, often it troubles many women for the desired physique that they are looking for.
Large calf muscles often make it quite awkward for the women to wear their desired clothes and they grab a lot of attention. Hence, they always seek for techniques and exercises to reduce the bulk of their calf muscles.
Most Effective Calf Exercises for Women:
1. Wide Squat With Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Bring your hands together in front of your chest, and squat down so your thighs are parallel with the floor, knees over the ankles.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
2. Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, bracing a park bench or tree for balance if required.
- Keeping core taut, raise body until standing on the tips of your toes.
- Squeeze calves at the top of movement to optimize.