Double chin rolls often occurs when fat builds up in the area under the chin (called the submental area). However, it’s not only submental fat that can cause a double chin. Aging and loss of muscle tone under the chin can cause the skin under the chin to sag. A double chin can make you self-conscious especially when you look at yourself in photographs or in the mirror.
Because the extra layer of fatty tissue under the skin is associated with weight gain, usually, losing weight is the best natural way to eliminate a double chin by losing chin and neck fat. Some people have also found double chin exercises helpful in toning up the muscles under the chin area. These exercises for double chin can also help skin under the chin stop sagging.
1. Tennis Ball Double Chin Exercise:
It easy way to tone up the tissue under your chin and help to reduce the appearance of a double chin rolls is to exercise with a tennis ball.
How to do it:
- Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin.
- Press your chin as tightly against the ball as possible and release slightly.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Do the tennis ball exercise for a double chin twice a day to help keep your under-chin area toned and slim.
2. The Chin Lift:
The chin lift stretches and tones the muscles of the jaw, neck and throat. To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
How to do it:
- Stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.