4. Skin Firming Creams:
Using skin firming creams and lotions is really one of the best ways on how to tighten skin after weight loss and even after delivery.
- You should find the creams filled with Aloe Vera, herbal ingredients and some vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- These ingredients will help to hydrate and increase the elastin and collagen formation in your skin.
Basic Skin Tightening Tips – You Must know:
#1: Don’t Lose Weight Too Quickly
Crash diets and excessive amounts of time spent exercising can rapidly shed both muscle and fat, and result in a greater amount of loose skin. Aim for no more than 1-2 pounds of fat loss per week, and include weight training so you build muscle to help stretch the skin.
#2: Stay Hydrate
Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity. From both food and drink, you should be taking in at least two liters of water each day.
#3: Eat A High Protein Diet
Two important components for keeping skin soft and elastic are collagen and elastin. These are both types of protein. You can help your body build more of these by eating foods high in protein.
- Examples of protein-rich foods include: Meat, legumes, nuts and cottage cheese.
- Find something that you enjoy and thus can eat regularly.
#4: Care for Your Skin
Avoid harsh detergents like sulfates in soaps, shampoos and dish-washing liquids. Limit sun exposure, stay away from tanning booths, and limit exposure to hot and chlorinated water, since all of these elements decrease elasticity.
#5: Stop Smoking
Smoking is always a bad idea but if you need another reason to quit, here’s one – it’s awful for your skin. A study by the International Association of Ecologic Dermatology found that smoking aged participants’ skin by approximately 9 years. Luckily this improved within less than a year of quitting.
#6: Try Supplements
Diet is important but some nutrients are best taken in supplement form. Two that can help tighten loose skin are fish oil supplements and gelatin supplements.
- Fish oil can improve skin elasticity in as little as 3 months.
- A study from Stanford University also found that taking 250 mg of gelatin per day increased elasticity.
#7: Be Careful With Shower Products
While your skin is rejuvenating, you’ll need to treat it with extra care.
- This means looking at the labels on your soaps, body washes and bath products.
- Try to use all-natural products – avoid sulfates as they strip moisture from your skin in the long term.