Do you take proper care of your colon? If not, it’s high time you do something to ensure this important part of your body functions properly.
Colon is part of the digestive system, and as the founder of Body Ecology, Donna Gates, explains, maintaining a healthy colon and digestive system means maintaining an optimal health and well-being.
As a matter of fact, each of your cells and tissues, as well as the main detox organ in the human’s body– the liver, rely on a healthy colon.
More exactly, having a healthy colon would enable proper elimination of all toxins from your body.
The colon receives all waste products from the blood, throat, liver, lungs, sinuses, and lymph system. Also, it has to deal with any undigested fecal matter by removing it from the body.
But, it can also receive some leftover nutrients like vitamins, electrolytes, and water from digested foods, which can be brought back so the body can use them.
If your colon doesn’t work properly, it wouldn’t be able to perform these crucial processes in the body. In such case, all waste products and toxins will just build up in it, causing numerous health problems.
According to medical experts, the food digestion lasts from 24 to 44 hours. In other words, this is the time the food you’ve consumed will process through the bowels and colon, and leave your body as waste.
So, when you consume processed foods which lack nutrients, like fibers and enzymes, your body will need 70 hours to complete the digestion. This, in turn, will result in 20 pounds of waste in your colon.
This toxic buildup in your colon can cause constipation followed by irregular and painful bowel movements.
Major Symptoms of Colon Toxicity:
- Gas, bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, and stomach aches
- Skin rashes, weak immune system, bladder problems, and vaginal infections
- Anxiety, fatigue, mood swings, brain fog, poor memory, and depression
- Joint pain and sore muscles
Colon Cleanse Recipe with Maple Syrup:
Stanley Burroughs is an alternative medicine health practitioner who invented this effective colon detox remedy. The complete colon cleansing process usually takes 10 to 16 days.
- 2 tablespoons of grade b organic maple syrup
- 12 oz of filtered water
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Fresh juice of 1 organic lemon
- Just mix all ingredients together, and consume the mixture four times a day. Do this every day for two weeks.
Colon Cleanse Recipe with Essential Oils:
- 10 drops of lemon and peppermint essential oil
- 12 oz of filtered water
- The juice of 1 organic lemon
- Mix all ingredients and consume the mixture three times a day. Do this treatment for two weeks.
- You’ll be amazed by the results of both colon cleanse recipes.