After smoking a cigarette, it takes 48 to 72 hours for your body to remove the nicotine. This is part of the reason it is so hard to quit smoking. The lingering nicotine keeps the cravings coming on strong! That’s where Cream of Tartar comes in handy, because it flushes nicotine out of your body quickly (while costing 75% less than a pack of Nicorette).
Don’t smoke? Don’t click back! There are other health benefits that will definitely apply to you below!
What Is Cream of Tartar?
Cream of Tartar (also known as Potassium Hydrogen Tartrate) is an acid produced in the process of making wine. You often see cream of tartar used in recipes to speed up the process of stiffening egg whites (such as in meringues or whipped cream) or to delay sugar crystals from forming in syrups. I will share some of my favorite recipes at the end of the post, but lets discuss the health benefits of cream of tartar first…
1. Cream of Tartar Helps You Quit Smoking
Cream of Tartar is excellent and cleaning nicotine out of your system, but it may even make you hate the taste of cigarettes. The best way to consume Cream of Tartar, if you are using it to quit smoking, is by mixing it with orange juice (and NOT the kind from concentrate!).
Why orange juice?
Because of the high levels of Vitamin C found in it. Smoking cigarettes tends to lower your body’s vitamin C stores. Plus, vitamin C has been shown to aid in flushing the nicotine out of your body.
- Start by mixing 1/2 a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar into a glass of orange juice, and drink it every evening for a full month.
Here we share other health benefits of cream of tartar:
2. Cream of Tartar Reduces Arthritis Pain
Do you suffer from stiff joints or Arthritis pain? Cream of Tartar is rich in magnesium, which is excellent at reducing inflammation.
- Try bathing twice a day in a warm bath with 2 TB Cream of Tartar and 3 TB Epsom Salt.
- If your pain is just in one location (such as your wrist or ankle), you can cut the ingredients in half and soak your painful joint in a warm bucket of water with 1 TB Cream of Tartar and 1.5 TB Epsom Salt instead.
3. Cream of Tartar Relieves UTI’s
Since Cream of Tartar is acidic, it has the ability to alter the pH level of your urine, which can relieve Urinary Tract Infections (or UTI’s). Bacteria do not thrive well in acidic environments, which is why this remedy works so well.
- Just mix 1 cup of warm water with 1.5 teaspoons Cream of Tartar and add a couple of drops of lemon juice. Drink this twice a day for maximum results.