Amla or Indian Gooseberry is by far the ideal natural hair loss therapy. All trichologists will suggest natural products containing amla to treat hair fall.
- Just boil dried amla in coconut oil till it turns black. Massage this oil in your scalp and hair.
- You can make your own hair fall preventive pack instead purchasing ready made ones.
- Make a paste out of amla and shikakai powder and apply it on your hair. Leave it for some time and wash it off.
- If your hair is dry or frizzy then avoid shikakai. You can also blend amla powder with lemon juice and apply the paste on your hair.
- Use the water you soaked amla to rinse your hair after shampoo.
7. Aloe Vera:
Sometimes hair loss can occur due to irritated and dry scalp. Aloe vera helps to maintain the pH level of the scalp.
- Massage the hair and scalp with aloe vera gel and leave it for an hour or so. Wash the hair with lukewarm water.
- Always use freshly made aloe vera gel rather than buying it from the store. You can use this method to make your own aloe vera gel at home.
- You can also create your anti-hair fall shampoo rather than picking up one from the supermarket shelf.
- Just blend aloe vera gel, wheat germ oil and coconut milk together. Apply it on your scalp and rinse well.
- Alternatively, you can blend sodium chloride with aloe vera gel, the sodium in aloe vera gel penetrates deep into the scalp and relieves hair fall.
8. Green Tea:
Green tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and prevents hair loss.
- Soak two bags of green tea in one cup of warm water. Apply it on your hair and let it sit for an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Neem is the indigenous wonder herb and its astringent property helps to keep both lice and dandruff at bay.
- Boil neem leaves in water until the water level drops down. Cool the water and rinse your hair with this mixture once a week.
10. Chinese Hibiscus:
Hibiscus has numerous natural properties that help in treating hair loss and promotes hair growth. This flower also helps to cure dandruff, prevent split ends and premature greying and thickens hair.
- Just add ten Chinese hibiscus flowers to a cup of coconut oil. Then heat the solution till it is charred and strain the oil.
- Apply the oil on your hair and leave it overnight. Wash your hair next day. Repeat this routine twice or thrice a week.
Steer away from harmful chemicals and use these natural products to get healthy hair. In addition to the remedies you can follow these tips to control hair fall-
Tips to Prevent Hair Fall
- Hair fall can happen due to vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems and hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy and menopause. If you are suffering from any of these medical conditions then you need to visit a doctor and get yourself treated.
- Hair is made up of protein called keratin and proper nutrition is necessary for replenishing the protein content by having 3 ounce of meat and 4-5 servings of dairy and beans. Add fish, eggs and nuts to the daily diet. Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can aid in getting healthy scalp and fight inflammation. So have a balanced diet if you want to stop hair fall.
- A good warm oil massage and turban therapy works best. Relax during weekends with a warm oil massage. Don’t use very hot oil, lukewarm is just fine.
- Meditate and relax since stress can also lead to hair fall.
- Avoid hot styling your hair like straightening and curling as much as possible.
- If you hair is thin then keep your hair short. Go for regular trims and do a side parting. Hair starts thinning from the middle.
- Use volume boosting products and keep your scalp clean always.
- Don’t comb wet hair or rub dry hair.
- Avoid junk food and stay hydrated. Eight glasses of water on a daily basis is necessary.
- Use natural oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil, lavender and almond oil to your hair. Make fresh home-made remedies and use them to get healthy hair. The vitamin E in these natural oils can do wonders for your hair.
Exercise regularly and follow a healthy lifestyle to arrest hair loss.
Hair fall is just one of the common problem but the solutions are numerous. Bid adieu to hair fall and say yes to thick hair with these tips and remedies. These remedies might take some time to work but their effect will be long lasting.