b) Regular Exercising has amazing benefits. Here are just a few:
- Physical activity helps you live longer and prevent many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal blood lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) profile, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and colon and breast cancers.
- Physical activity improves cardio-respiratory and muscular fitness.
- Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily (or eat more without gaining weight).
- Physical activity helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and improve your mood. .
- Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Physical activity helps with digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Physical activity increases bone density.
- Physical activity helps you age more gracefully by maintaining your looks and your agility.
- Physical activity improves sleep quality.
- Physical activity improves your overall quality of life.
Relaxation techniques are a great way to help with stress management. Relaxation isn’t just about peace of mind or enjoying a hobby. Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. Relaxation techniques can help you cope with everyday stress and with stress related to various health problems, such as cancer and pain.
Whether your stress is spiraling out of control or you’ve already got it tamed, you can benefit from learning relaxation techniques. Learning basic relaxation techniques is easy. Relaxation techniques also are often free or low cost, pose little risk, and can be done just about anywhere.
Explore these simple relaxation techniques and get started on de-stressing your life and improving your health.
The benefits of relaxation techniques:
When faced with numerous responsibilities and tasks or the demands of an illness, relaxation techniques may take a back seat in your life. But that means you might miss out on the health benefits of relaxation.
Practicing relaxation techniques can reduce stress symptoms by:
- Slowing your heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Reducing activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improving concentration and mood
- Lowering fatigue
- Reducing anger and frustration
- Boosting confidence to handle problems