Belly fat is something nearly everybody has to battle at some point in their life. Even if you eat a balanced diet and work out regularly, getting a flat stomach can definitely take some time. However, you shouldn’t be discouraged because some easy yoga moves will work wonders on your midsection.
Yoga has been an effective form of exercise for over 5,000 years. Web MD describes yoga as a full body workout that not only tones and tightens muscles, but relaxes and calms the mind. With over 100 forms that range from simple to complex, anybody can incorporate this exercise program into your daily routine. Let’s take a look at the 6 Minute Yoga Asanas for Better Abs.
Best Yoga Asanas for Better Abs:
1. Bhujangasana: (Cobra pose)
Practicing bhujangasana regularly lose belly fat and cures constipation and stomach problems. Bhujangasana cures abdominal disorder and removes stress.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your stomach and feel relax.
- Stretch and joint the legs. So that knees of both the leg touches each other.
- Place the palm near the chest facing the ground. Keep in mind that elbow should be straight.
- Take a deep breath and lift your upper body like head, neck, shoulders, chest upwards as shown in the above image. In this position your all weights of the upper body will come on your hands and thighs.
- In bhujangasana your inhaling and exhaling plays an important role.
- So now try to move your head back as much as you can.
- Stretch as much as you can but don’t overdo or overstrain.
- Hold your breath for some time in this position.
- Now exhale slowly and bring your stomach, chest, shoulder and head to the ground.
- Repeat this cycle for 4-5 times daily.
2. Padahastasana: (Standing Forward Bend)
The abdomen gets completely compressed while bending forward, which leads to burning of fat. Thus, the compression helps in toning down the tummy.
How To Do:
- Stand in the Tadasana pose, with your hands on either side of the body while your feet rest together, with the heels touching each other.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Inhaling deeply, lift your hand upwards.
- As you exhale, bend forward such that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Inhale, then exhale, and bend forward completely, with your body falling away from the hips.
- Try to touch the floor, with palms straight on the floor, and without bending your knees. Beginners can try touching the toes or just the ankles to start with, working your way to the floor.
- Holding your breath, tuck your tummy in, and hold the position for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Exhale, leave your toes, and lift your body to come back to the Tadasana pose.
- Repeat the asana 10 times, leaving an interval of 10 seconds between two repetitions.
3. Bow Pose: (Dhanurasana)
The Bow Pose can help you lose belly fat and excess weight overall. It strengthens the muscles of your abdomen, ankles, thighs, groin, chest and back.
It also improves digestion, treats gastrointestinal problems, promotes blood circulation and improves the functioning of the liver, pancreas, small intestine and large intestine. It also acts as a great stress reliever.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your stomach, place your chin on the floor and keep your legs stretched out.
- While inhaling, raise your legs, bend your knees toward your buttocks and hold your ankles with your hands.
- Slowly rise up, lift your chest off the floor and look straight ahead.
- Stay in this position for 20 seconds while holding your breath. The weight of your body should be on your abdomen.
- Exhale slowly and return to the starting position.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- Finally, relax and continue to take long deep breaths for a minute.