4. Boat Pose: (Naukasana)
This power-packed pose is a complete workout for your body. It helps fight stubborn abdominal fat; tones your abs, legs and arms; and strengthens the back, thigh and abdominal muscles.
How To Do:
- Sit with your knees bent, feet on the floor, hands beside your hips and fingers pointing toward your feet.
- Inhale deeply, press on your palms, lengthen your spine and slowly pull yourself back staying on your hips.
- Taking deep breaths, lift your feet off the floor, bringing your shins level with the floor.
- Extend your arms to the front parallel to the floor and hold this position for some time.
- Straighten your legs, so that your body makes a ‘V’ shape and hold this position for 2 to 5 breaths.
- Exhale, bend your knees and hug them tight.
- Inhale, elongate your spine and touch your forehead to your knees.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Inhale and raise your head, then exhale and cross your legs.
- Repeat these steps 3 to 5 times.
5. Board: (Kumbhakasana)
This yoga pose is one of the most effortless but most effective in burning belly ft. It also tones and strengthens the shoulders, arms, back, thighs, and buttocks.
How To Do:
- Start with your hands and knees right underneath your shoulders and hips
- Tuck the toes under and start to step your feet back in order to extend your legs behind your body
- While inhaling, look just ahead of your palms so your neck and spine are aligned and hold in your ab muscles
- From your head to your heels, your body should form a straight line. Ensure that your hands are flat on the ground and your fingers are spread apart
- Hold this pose for 15 to 30 seconds but for better results, try to hold as long as possible
- Exhale and drop to your knees
- Repeat this pose five times and relax for at least 15 seconds after each turn
- Note that you should avoid this pose if you have high blood pressure or any shoulder or back injuries
6. Wind Easing Posture: (Pavanamukthasana)
There are numerous benefits to this yoga pose besides relieving lower back pain and firming and toning the abs, thighs, and hips. It also massages the colon, balances the pH levels within the stomach, cures constipation and enhances your metabolism.
How To Do:
- Lie down flat on your back with your legs stretched out and arms at the side
- Your feet should be stretched out with your heels touching one another
- When exhaling, bend at the knees and gradually bring them toward the chest
- Use your thighs to apply pressure to the abdominal area
- To properly hold your knees in place, clasp your hands underneath the thighs
- Breathe deeply and hold this pose for a minute to a 90 seconds
- Upon exhaling, release the knees and bring the hands to the sides of the body with the palms facing the ground
- Continue to do this pose for five sets with at least 15 seconds of relaxation in between each time