2. Boat Pose: (naukasana)
This yoga pose is beneficial in attacking fat in the waist. It is very good for the stomach and can help strengthen the muscles of the legs and back.
How to do Boat Pose:
Lie on your back with your legs together and extended your arms on your side while looking down.
Inhale and lift your legs but must make sure to maintain upright posture (without bending knee)
You must stretch the foot and toes and try to raise your legs as high as you can
While you’re in this position, you must have your arms straight and lift your fingers creating a 45 degree angle with your body
Breathe normally while holding this position for 15 seconds
Repeat five times with 15 seconds rest between each time.
3. Raised Foot Pose: (Uttanpadasana)
This pose helps in getting rid of the fat from your lower abdominal region as well as hips and thighs. This pose is one of the most efficient and effective ways to eliminate the flab that gets accumulated around your waist and hips during pregnancy.
How to do Raised Foot Pose:
- Lie down on your back on the floor, legs stretched out, and heels touching each other.
- Keep your hands on either side of your body, palms facing the ground.
- Inhale deeply. Now, exhaling slowly, tilt your back while bringing your head backwards so that it touches the floor.
- Do not move your hands from their initial position. Breathe normally.
- Stretch to the maximum possible level, without hurting your back.
- Inhaling deeply, raise your legs from the floor, making a 45-degree angle with the floor.
- Hold the pose for 15 to 30 seconds, breathing normally.
- Slowly work to hold the posture for more than 60 seconds.
- Exhale deeply, and lift your legs so that they make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Breathing normally, hold the posture for 30 seconds.
- Inhaling deeply, gradually bring your legs back to the initial position – the supine position.
- Repeat this asana 10 times to begin with, working up to 30 times gradually.
- Relax for 15 seconds after each repetition.