4. Standing Forward Bend:( Padahastasana)
The abdomen gets completely compressed while bending forward, which leads to burning of fat. Thus, the compression helps in toning down the tummy. Padahastasana has variations in terms of holding your toes, placing your hands beneath the balls of your feet, or simply holding your ankles or shins.
How to do Standing Forward Bend:
- Keep your hands on either side of the body while your feet rest together, with the heels touching each other.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Inhaling deeply, lift your hand upwards.
- As you exhale, bend forward such that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Inhale, then exhale, and bend forward completely, with your body falling away from the hips.
- Try to touch the floor, with palms straight on the floor, and without bending your knees.
- Holding your breath, tuck your tummy in, and hold the position for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Exhale, leave your toes, and lift your body to come back to normal position.
- Repeat the asana 10 times, leaving an interval of 10 seconds between two repetitions.
5. Plank: (Kumbhakasana)
This is simplest and most effective yoga position to reduce tummy fat. It also toughens and tones your arms, shoulders, back, bums and thighs.
How to do Plank:
- Start by positioning on your hands and keep your knees straight under the shoulders and knees below the hips.
- Pull your toes beneath and step the feet back, spreading legs behind you.
- Inhale while looking forward on your palms with your neck aligned with spine.
- Keep holding your abdominal muscles in.
- The body should form a straight line from the heels to the head. Make sure that the hands are flat on
the mat and your fingers are spread.
- Keep this poses for 15-30 sec or longer if you can for improved results.
- While releasing the pose drop down to your knees to the floor and slowly exhale.
- Avoid this pose if you suffer from back andor shoulder grievances or have high blood pressure.
- Repeat these position 5 rounds with a relaxing period for 15 secs in between each round.