2. Legs Up The Wall:
How to do:
- This relaxing exercise begins with your right hip against the wall as you sit on one end of your mat.
- Lean back and turn as you lie down and lift your legs onto the wall.
- Your glutes should nearly be touching the wall as you keep your legs together.
- Keep your hands relaxed beside you and close your eyes as you relax into the position.
- Hold this pose for three to 10 minutes.
3. Reclined Twist:
This exercise stretches and strengthens muscles and ligaments near the spine, and is a good pain reliever if you suffer from chronic back pain. The pose is also ideal to help to prevent future problems and can help you to better relax.
How to do:
- To start, lie down on your back and bend your legs at your knees as you draw them into your chest.
- Keeping everything together, lower your knees down to your left.
- Use your left hand to hold your knees in place as you twist gently to the right.
- Let your right arm float out and look to the right.
- Hold this pose for five to 15 breaths, and return to center.
- Repeat the same thing on the other side.